The Top 3 Reasons Our Programs Work:
1. Clinical Expertise.
Our team has extensive experience treating neurodegenerative disease!
Amy Jaramillo, Scientific Director, has spent over 20 years in the field neurology, neuro-genetics and neurodegenerative disease. She has instructed in over a thousand neurosurgical cases in people suffering with neurodegenerative disease.
Alex Ferro MD, Medical Director, has an extensive surgical background having performed complex surgeries for over 20 years. Dr. Ferro is able to perform injections in very vital but difficult to access areas which allows for unmatched clinical outcomes.
Kyle Aveiga RN, Infusion Director, is an emergency room charge nurse with over 10 years of experience. Kyle is an expert at triaging acute care treatments.
2. Purity in the Medications We Use.
Compounding pharmacies are a main-stay for many treatments but many clinics do not require their compounding pharmacies to have a sterile permit or to test for medication purity. Over 90% of compounding pharmacies nationwide do not test their medications for potency. This is why results can be inconsistent and may not work. Given the speed and devastation of neurodegenerative disease, we only partner with pharmacies certified for sterility and we require purity levels of 99% or higher. We do NOT rely on compounding and instead use FDA approved products ensuring that heavy metal toxins are avoided.
3. Strategic Approach.
We are a team of medical scientists. We employ a methodical and comprehensive approach to work through cellular autophagy and senescence. Two critical components of our program are evaluation of the immune system’s role in neurodegenerative syndromes and restoration of areas triggering ongoing inflammation such as gut health. We strive to understand other body systems and work towards improving overall health such as hormonal and metabolic optimization, in particular glucose and energy metabolism. Being on the forefront of neurodegenerative diseases, we are up to date with the latest clinical trials and well versed in the newest and most advanced therapies. Our clinical staff are experts at knowing how medications work and which combination of therapies work best for specific conditions.
BodyScience pALS Programs:
MyoRepair is a technology that we developed for pALS and others with muscle atrophy disorders including Multiple Sclerosis (MS) and some forms of Muscular Dystrophy (MD). MyoRepair is the process of providing important amino acids through intramuscular injection into muscles throughout the body. The amino acid formulation is commonly referred to as GAC, the amino acid ratio and pH is customized for each patient.
2. Lingual Lift
Lingual Lift is a targeted treatment developed at BodyScience to restore strength and function in the tongue and adjacent muscles for improved speaking, swallowing and chewing.
3. BodyScience Mito-E (i.e. Mitochondrial Efficiency) with MyoRepair
BodyScience Mito-E programs are designed to work synergistically with MyoRepair. Building muscle and addressing the root cause of neurodegenerative diseases at the cellular level are the two fundamental steps in treating these disorders. Unlocking the mitochondria and supporting other cellular structures including the peroxisomes and lysosomes is essential. When Mito-E and MyoRepair are combined the results are significantly more effective and longer lasting. The recommended minimum treatment time for optimal and long lasting results is 3-4 weeks.
Here are our Mito-E with MyoRepair Programs:
1. BodyScience Mito-E General Program – for patients with neuromuscular degenerative disease. This cellular level treatment is targeted toward mitochondrial efficiency and restoring intra-cellular health. It is comprised of a Regulatory T-cell support, targeted neuroprotection therapy, mitochondrial optimizers and neuro-antioxidants.
2. BodyScience Mito-E for Mold, Lyme or other Tick Born Disease, Viruses and other infectious agents – if you have ever been diagnosed with or exposed to mold, yeast (i.e. Candida), Lyme disease, viruses such as EBV, CMV, HSV, or Parvo this program starts with a comprehensive consultation individualized to address your specific infectious burden and devise a treatment plan which would best work for you. See information on Molecular Medicine to learn about SOT therapy which is a separate treatment that can be added to this Mito E therapy.
3. BodyScience Mito-E for Heavy Metals – This is the program for individuals who have tested positive for or have been exposed to heavy metals. This protocol is also for the those who have worked in the metal or mining industry, lived close to coal mining burning facilities, used coal fireplaces extensively, or consumed foods high in metals such as fish.
4. BodyScience Mito-E for Chemical and/or Environmental Exposures – This is the program for individuals who have tested positive for or have been exposed to toxic chemicals such as organophosphates, glyphosates, fungicides, herbicides or pesticides. It is the protocol for those who have worked in agriculture, lived in industrial zones or areas known to have high levels of contamination such as coastal regions.
1. MyoRepair (muscle focused program) $3800/wk
2. Mito-E General Program with or without Basic MyoRepair $4800/wk
3. Mito-E Plus Program with or without MyoRepair $7500/wk
The Mito E Plus Program includes Polychromatic Light Therapy as well as medications and nebulized treatments that are not included in Mito E General program, contact us directly for additional information on this if needed.
4. Exosomes (Lumbar puncture and IV) - call to request pricing
5. Home Peptide Programs - call to request pricing
Other services offered at BodyScience as a part of a comprehensive approach to treating ALS and other neurodegenerative conditions include: nutritional counseling, physical therapy and customized orthotics, mental health support, occupational therapy, speech therapy.
What is ALS?
Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis, also known as motor neuron disease or Lou Gehrig's disease, is a specific disease that causes the death of neurons controlling voluntary muscles. Some also use the term motor neuron disease for a group of conditions of which ALS is the most common.
Most cases of ALS (about 90% to 95%) have no known cause and are known as sporadic ALS. However, both genetic and environmental factors are believed to be involved. The remaining 5% to 10% of cases have a genetic cause linked to a history of the disease in the family, and these are known as familial ALS.
What are the symptoms?
The onset of ALS can be so subtle that the symptoms are overlooked but gradually these symptoms develop into more obvious weakness or atrophy that may cause a physician to suspect ALS. Some of the early symptoms include:
fasciculations (muscle twitches) in the arm, leg, shoulder, or tongue
tight and stiff muscles (spasticity)
muscle weakness affecting an arm, a leg, neck, or diaphragm
slurred and nasal speech
difficulty chewing or swallowing
For many people, the first sign of ALS may appear in the hand or arm as they experience difficulty with simple tasks such as buttoning a shirt, writing, or turning a key in a lock. In other cases, symptoms initially affect one of the legs, and people experience awkwardness when walking or running or they notice that they are tripping or stumbling more often.
When symptoms begin in the arms or legs, it is referred to as “limb onset” ALS. Other individuals first notice speech or swallowing problems, termed “bulbar onset” ALS.